Another nice 3D printer figure from ParagonStar based on the god creatures described in HP Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos. This one required some assembly which was a bit difficult because if you've seen one tentacle, you've seen them all. Seriously though, the +20 piece kit is a very confusing build as far as tentacle placement is concerned. The front mouth was even made up of four parts!
There were alignment holes for each part which the builder would use to help place each piece. Unfortunately, my kit didn't have any 'keys' for the alignment holes so I had to be very careful in my part selection along with precise alignment which didn't work out all of the time. (I used CA glue as an adhesive.) I had to go back several times to break the part free and try again. Fortunately, PLA is a pretty tough material so actual physical breakage of any given part was minimal. I have contacted the manufacturer about this issue since I ran into it with another kit and was assured they'd be more attentive in the future.
I researched numerous images of Azathoth and decided on a reddish orange hue to help it stand out against a star field background. The many eyes were painted a gloss back as were the four claws located on either side of the creature.
I saw a Google painting of Azathoth approaching a planet in space, presumably to eat or destroy it in some fashion which really appealed to me, so I figured, why not Earth? I just so happened to have small globe of our fair planet in my scrap pile which I cleaned up and painted to resemble the Earth as seen from space. I glued a short length of coat hanger into one of Azathoth's lower tentacles and stuck the Earth on the other end. I painted the wire a flat black which is all but invisible unless you really look for it. For such a simple effect, I'm pleased how it came out. 7/10/20
18.07 | 20:43
Speechless, And I am really speechless.
Incredible work. I am glad we could provide you with a grail
11.07 | 11:41
Great job down to the last detail!
10.07 | 16:36
Thank you, Addis, I estimate it took me around 100 hours to complete.
10.07 | 12:24
Terrific work...must've taken quite a while for you to complete...very good detail!!